Happy Minnesota is an initiative by Dangerous Productions to bring happiness, economic growth, and community to the Central Corridor in St. Paul. In 2012, HAPPY MINNESOTA will rehearse, perform, and partner with businesses along the Central Corridor, creating hilarious and exciting productions in vacant storefronts, as well as in still-operating businesses. We've completed three shows to date, and have four more to go!
1. To bring people into the area and share this amazingly rich, vibrant community with them.
2. To bring economic growth into the area. People that go see theater go to restaurants, bars, and shop around those areas.
3. To create a HAPPY community of artists, residents, and businesses along the Central Corridor. We hope to bring in not only people from OUTSIDE the community, but also the folks that live in the area. The Central corridor is rich with diversity, culture, and a personality all of its own. We think it's worth sharing!
4. To entertain. The actors in HAPPY shows are some of the funniest, craziest, and most talented actors in the Twin Cities. Every Happy show will be Funny, High-energy, and Exciting, and backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee!
1. COME SEE THE SHOWS! Tell your friends, family, worst enemies, whoever! The shows fund the project, pure and simple.
2. Know a local business along the Central Corridor that would want to be a partner on a HAPPY project? Awesome! Have them email email@example.com or call us at 651.795.8239. We're particularly interested in cafes.
3. Volunteer! This project is ENORMOUS in its scope, and there is always work that needs to be done! Help is needed in promotion, site preparation, props-gathering, you name it!
4. Donate! As we said, we hope this project will be self-sustaining, but we're starting at zero. Any donation you'd like to make will gladly be accepted! We're in the process of setting up online donations, but for now, you can mail them to
c/o Tyler Olsen
1194 Seminary Ave.
St. Paul, MN 55104
View HAPPY MINNESOTA in a larger map